Adam Cerbone began legal practice in Savannah, Georgia over 45 years ago. Divorce, Child Custody, Child Support, Family Arbitration and Spousal Support are the focus of his practice. He was voted “Best Divorce Attorney in Savannah” by Connect Magazine and has established a reputation for honesty, integrity and fierce cross-examination. His “bulldog way” in the courtroom is well respected and he has a distinguished ranking from his peers for meeting very high criteria of general ethical standards.
Adam Cerbone is considered one of the preeminent divorce attorneys in Georgia for good reason. Here are just a few examples of his recent work:
- Secured an award of $7.6 Million of an $8 Million dollar marital estate for a prominent local neurosurgeon in a complex divorce trial, which ended his 9-year marriage.
- Negotiated a divorce settlement, granting his client 100% of a $6.9 Million dollar marital estate.
- Obtained an award granting our client a lump sum payment of $325,000, plus a new Ford Escape and a 17ft. boat following termination of a 4-year marriage.
- Won custody of minor children for a SCAD Professor, making him the first father to receive custody in a divorce action before the particular judge hearing his case.
- Convinced court to award custody to our client, despite the fact that she had previously been charged with stabbing her husband four times.
Bars and Courts
- Admitted – Georgia State Bar, 1976 (Licensed to practice in all Georgia Courts and the United States
- Savannah Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia
- Family Law Section of the State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association’s Family Law Section
Honors and Recognitions
Member – State Bar of Georgia’s Fellows Program (this honor recognizes lawyers whose public and private careers demonstrate outstanding legal abilities and a devotion to their communities. Member’s careers have upheld the highest standards and support the Foundation’s values and ideals).
President of the Savannah Bar Association (2007-2008)
J.D., Atlanta Law School, 1976
B.A., St. Leo College, 1973